Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The End of a Rope...

Well actually we have Fume-0 hanging by an extension cord and 18AWG wire.  I don't have a fancy fume hood or spray booth and my garage/shop is far from clean as noticed in the background.  This method, however, worked for my purposes and, although it took roughly 8 coats of red and 5 coats of flat black, I have completed the painting portion of the project.


I've self-taught myself a lot about painting but it can be summed up in just a couple of bullet points.
  • Be patient!
  • Don't cut corners!
There is a reason it took so many coats of paint and there was also a lot of sanding to cover errors that I hadn't mentioned to this point.

Today I've made the executive decision to stop all painting as Fume-0 looks good enough from my house, even when it's in my house.  As I've said, I've learned a lot and know why I made the mistakes I did.  In any future paint projects I must follow the above bullets and all will be well.

One week has passed since I thought I was wrapping things up with Fume-0.  At last, tonight I'm ready to do the final assembly and put this thing to task.  Next stop SNES64.

No comments:

Post a Comment